I was giddy with excitement when I found out that Elizabeth of Life of Style added me to her list of "Stylish Bloggers." What an honor, as Elizabeth is a talented designer and blogger with impeccable taste. If you haven't checked out her blog, do so now as it's certainly a must-read (especially for those of you who are local; Elizabeth is a Raleigh girl!)
So here are the rules:
After receiving this award you have to pay it forward and follow the rules:
#1) Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
#2) Share 7 things about yourself.
#3) Award 10 great bloggers that you have RECENTLY discovered
#4) Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award
7 things that you might not otherwise know about me?
1. Someday I hope to open a store. It will be full of wonderful "finds," from furniture to accessories to lighting and art and a custom upholstery line. Edgar will have a bed by my desk and will keep me company throughout the day. (I'll have to figure out a way to keep him off the couches...)
2. My favorite place to be is on a North Carolina beach, with my family, a stack of magazines, a shrimp burger and an ice cold Corona (with a lime, of course).
3. I love frozen yogurt and am kind of a snob when it comes to Oreo flavors. Best place to get it? The Yogurt Pump (Chapel Hill) or Thomas Sweets (Georgetown).
4. My favorite movie is Love Actually- it's a poignant film about love- the kind that makes you giddy and happy and the kind that's hard, the kind that's a choice you make every day, no matter how difficult it may be.
5. I love the Carolina Tar Heels. I was singing the fight song as soon as I could talk and it's the only school to which I applied. Nothing beats a spring day in Chapel Hill, walking through campus with a Sutton's cherry coke.
6. If I could go on a shopping spree in any store, it would be Anthropologie. I love that place. Amazing clothes, fabulous jewelry, unique home goods, and it always smells amazing, doesn't it?
7. I have the best "jobs" in the world; being a Mom is the most incredible gift and each day with Rob brings new joy and delight. On top of that, I'm able to explore flea markets and thrift stores and bring life into old pieces that I find...and actually make some money doing it (not a lot, but still). I love helping to make people's homes beautiful; it's meaningful and satisfying, and even though furniture, fabrics, and rugs are material, earthy things, I think that creating beauty is work with eternal value, and I am blessed to do it.
I'm passing along the Stylish Blogger award to: