Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I bet you can't eat just one...


In light of my heat & pregnancy-induced stir-craziness, I decided to bake on Sunday. I found this recipe for Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes on a design blog weeks ago, and of course I can't for the life of me remember which one now (if it was you, please let me know! And thanks for the incredible recipe!)

So I made them, they were super easy, and absolutely delicious! If you find yourself cooped up inside because of this extreme heat and get the urge to bake, I highly recommend making these. Ryan and I have been consuming about 3 a day thus far...


Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes

Makes 20 cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 c. sugar
1 pinch salt
1 (6 oz) package chocolate chips
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
1/2 c. oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

1. In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.

2. Add chocolate chips and set aside.

3. Mix remaining ingredients well.

4. Fill muffin tins, lined with paper cups 1/3 to 1/2 full with this mixture.

5. Drop a large spoonful of cheese mixture on top.

6. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. YUM! I could probably eat 3 right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family makes these - usually a batch goes w/ us to the beach every year since they are very transportable. We call them Black-Bottom Cupcakes. Good find! :)

    ReplyDelete