In light of my heat & pregnancy-induced stir-craziness, I decided to bake on Sunday. I found this recipe for Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes on a design blog weeks ago, and of course I can't for the life of me remember which one now (if it was you, please let me know! And thanks for the incredible recipe!)
So I made them, they were super easy, and absolutely delicious! If you find yourself cooped up inside because of this extreme heat and get the urge to bake, I highly recommend making these. Ryan and I have been consuming about 3 a day thus far...
Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Makes 20 cupcakes
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 c. sugar
1 pinch salt
1 (6 oz) package chocolate chips
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
1/2 c. oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
2. Add chocolate chips and set aside.
3. Mix remaining ingredients well.
4. Fill muffin tins, lined with paper cups 1/3 to 1/2 full with this mixture.
5. Drop a large spoonful of cheese mixture on top.
6. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.