Friday, July 15, 2011

Bold Renovation

Happy Friday!


I'm leaving shortly for a weekend away with some good friends (hurray!) but before I jet off, I want to share this story with you from Thursday's Washington Post. It's written by Terri Sapienza, my favorite journalist on the newspaper design beat. I used to run out every Thursday morning to buy the Post when we lived outside D.C. so that I could read the Home section. (Full disclosure- I got to meet Terri several years ago when she wrote an article about Refined, my old business that I started with my dear friend Kathryn. Not only is Terri a great writer, but she's really sweet & full of style.) Anyways, I digress- back to Thursday's article, which covers interior designer Lauren Liess and the Herndon, VA home that she and her husband totally renovated in 6 months on a modest budget. Reading it made me want to go buy the ugliest house on the best street and work some magic- after all, there's really nothing quite like a nicely done home makeover.






I've seen Lauren's house in magazines and on blogs before, but I never knew what a total renovation she had done and under what constraints. Learning that she did this short on time, without a huge budget, and against the advice of her realtor & even her family makes me love it- and her- even more. You really have to check out Terri's article which shows some before shots of the house- yikes. You are a true visionary, Lauren. Congrats to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment