Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Amanda Nisbet in Coastal Living


Coastal Living Magazine keeps getting better and better. I must say, I'm starting to look forward to finding it in my mailbox almost as much as I would Domino (almost). The March edition is packed with images that had me salivating- tons of color, bold prints, unique furnishings, and, of course, beautiful coastal images. (Is it summer yet?!)

The featured Long Island beach home designed by New York-based Amanda Nisbet was no exception. Her use of bold colors, rustic textures, and refined whimsy make this home work both functionally and aesthetically. It looks like a home where sandy feet and wet bathing suits are welcome, but not at the expense of style; and that's my kind of beach house. 









2 comments:

  1. I loved this project! The green room is the coolest, especially with those scattered sconces. Thank you for sharing, and I agree with you about Coastal Living, it has really stepped up its game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Amanda Nisbet and you are right, I have found more and more inspiring articles from Coastal Living and look forward to their new issues! Wish I could say the same for some of my old favorite mags...

    ReplyDelete